Joint Entrance Exam Commonly known as the JEE is the highest exam in India for getting admission to the premium technical colleges. The exam is conducted in two phases namely JEE-Mains and JEE-Advance. JEE-Mains is the preliminary exam and those candidates who are declared qualified in this exam will be given option to admit in the technical colleges registered in JEE according to their performance in the exam. And top 2.5 lakh students from JEE-Mains will be allowed to appear for JEE-Advance for seeking admission to Indian’s most prestigious college Indian Institute of Technology (IIT).
For the year 2015 it was reported that more than 12 lakh candidates have registered for the JEE-Mains. The result of both JEE-Mains as well as JEE-Advance has been declared and seat allocation through JEE-Advance will be stated from 1st July 2015.
1. Registration for AAT: 18 Jun 2015 - 10:00 to 19 Jun 2015 - 17:00 IST
2. Results of JEE (Advanced) 2015: 18 Jun 2015 - 10:00 IST
3. Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT): 21 Jun 2015 - 09:00 to 12:00 IST
4. Online filling-in of choices: 25 Jun 2015 - 10:00 to 29 Jun 2015 - 17:00 IST
5. Declaration of results of AAT: 25 Jun 2015 - 10:00 IST
6. Mock seat allocation (using data as of June 28, 08:00 IST): 28 Jun 2015 - 08:15 to 17:00 IST
7. Seat allocation (1st round): 1 Jul 2015 - 10:00 IST
8. Acceptance of seats (1st round): 2 Jul 2015 - 10:00 to 6 Jul 2015 - 17:00 IST
9. Display of seat filled/available (after 1st round): 7 Jul 2015 - 09:30 IST
10. Seat allocation (2nd round): 7 Jul 2015 - 10:00 IST
11. Acceptance of seats (2nd round): 8 Jul 2015 - 10:00 to 11 Jul 2015 - 17:00 IST
12. Display of seat filled/available (after 2nd round): 12 Jul 2015 - 09:30 IST
For the academic session 2015-16, total number of seat through JEE-Mains and JEE-Advanced is 33365 of these 10006 seats for Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), 17390 for National Institute of Technology (NIT), 3741 for Government Funded Technical Institute (GFTI) and 2228 for Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT).
It is said that getting admission to the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) is even tougher than getting admission to the Ivy League Colleges in the US. Moreover, getting admission to a premium not only ensures to get quality education but also create a path to a successful career with huge fat salary. So, you need to choose the college very wisely, and need to do lot research about the colleges, Compare colleges and know their every statistics.
Refer previous year’s data like cut-off, placement statistics, admission fee, faculties, etc. of many colleges as much as you can so that you will have a brief idea about the colleges and choose the best with your mark. At the same time getting admission to a premium college will not ensure a successful career, it all depend on how hard work you do. And always remember that there is no shortcut to successful, this stage of your life is the most important part of your life. It is the effort you give at this stage will decide your future.
Wishing you all the best, may the best of luck prevails. Choose the right College and build a successful Career ahead.